Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Birds

I am sitting at my desk this morning and I heard this weird noise behind me. It was like someone was playing with a cord or something. I should start by saying our office, where I sit, has floor to ceiling windows so we often see some interesting sites from beautiful sunsets to people doing a little dance (not knowing we are watching!!). So today when I turned around I wasn't sure what to expect. Well it turned out to be a very persistent woodpecker. Looking at himself in the window and then trying to go through the window. It kept flying into the window, flying away and then flying back into the window. Generally birds don't frighten me, but this one was posessed. So about 20 minutes later the bird decides to try the window right next to me. I happened to be facing the window at the very time it tried to fly right through it. I jumped about a million miles as I saw the bird and then heard thud as it hit and fell. Well I wouldn't get up to look and see if it was now dead on the sidewalk. We have had a few casualties in the past. So my co-worker was kind enough to check it out and the bird had flown away. Fast forward a couple hours and we are leaving for lunch to celebrate my boss' birthday. As we walk out the door I noticed that my windshield had been pooped on by not just one, but two birds!! Never in my 2 years of working there has that happened!

Needless to say, today was not my day with the birds. Let's hope they are more friendly tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment