Tuesday, October 6, 2009

September Wrap Up.. SF, a crib and some pesto

A little late, but here is a picture from our weekend in San Francisco. We traveled up with my parents and Lucy for a very fun weekend. It was Katie's birthday that following week, so we had a little early celebration with a cake, candles and presents! Juliet is very kind and letting Cade use her crib and dresser since she is a big girl with new furniture. Thank you Adam's family for a wonderful weekend, great food and lots of laughter!

Juliet is now 7 years old, so the crib needed just a little TLC. It is in perfect condition, but had yellowed a bit from being stored. We (and by we I mean me :) )thought it would be a fun project to refinish the crib. I did a little research and found out what kind of paint would be safe and just what we needed to do to get the job done. My husband being so protective of me and his little guy wouldn't let me get in on the action, so he managed to sand the entire crib by himself, but got some help from a pro in applying the primer. My dad (Gramps as Cade will call him) was around to help and even had a great invention for painting. They hung the pieces from a ladder that was hanging from the ceiling so they could paint both sides, which got my dad thinking he could create a paint booth in the garage to put the final coats on each piece. I love you daddy - you make this so much fun and always an adventure! Eric appreciated the help and loved spending time with Pops (as Eric calls him) too :)

So what was I doing while my husband was hard at work? Well mom and I decided to make pesto from scratch. We had gone to the farmer's market and picked up some wonderful smelling basil. Mom picked up the rest of the ingredients from the market and then we realized that she didn't have a food processor! No problem, we'll just use the blender... Well the blender wasn't such a great idea. It wasn't moving things around well enough, so we stuck a wooden spoon in it just to give it a little help. This was a brilliant idea until I went a bit far and the blade caught the end of the spoon, scared me and I flung the cup of olive oil I was holding all over the chair, the floor and myself. What a mess! We grabbed a food processor to finish the job (thanks Aggie!) and it actually turned out great. The next day we decided to stick to from the box gluten free brownies (Betty Crocker and they are the BEST!). No catastrophes there thankfully.

We had a great weekend with Gramps and Grammie who are very excited to meet their grandson! I am now 30 weeks, so Cade's arrival is just around the corner. People have been asking for a photo update of the belly, so here you go!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Lissa! You look fantastic, so pretty too! All the preparations for little Cade just makes his impending arrival so exciting. Gramps and Grammie will always be here each of you. Here's to daddy and daddy-to-be too! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete