Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Can I blame it on the baby?

Can I blame it on the baby? My reason for not posting in over a month...
So much has been happening that I can't seem to sit myself down to update the blog! Now I have no excuse because as of last Friday I am no longer a career woman, but a full time mom instead. No, Cade hasn't arrived yet, but I am in full preparation mode. Finishing up his room, washing clothes, Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, and Christmas tree shopping. I am excited to say that I am done with the shopping and wrapping! The baby's room is almost ready and I have been getting some much needed rest while battling a cold.
I would like to give an update on what has been happening (though if you read Jenny's blog you'll get a good idea!) I have had not 1, but 4 wonderful baby showers! We have been spoiled like crazy, but what I have enjoyed the most is seeing friends and family and sharing in wonderful memories before Cade arrives.

Mom's "Family" Shower

Jenny, Michelle and Stacy Shower

Office Ladies Shower (playing a fun, but competitive game!)

On my mom's birthday she went to Disneyland with my dad and Eric and I took some fun pictures with Jenny to capture my pregnancy. Jenny did a fabulous job and they will be a wonderful keepsake.


We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Cooper side of the family a week early. It was a big group with some of our favorite family friends in town to celebrate with us as well. Thanksgiving day we shared with Eric's family in a slightly untraditional fashion. We had chicken fried steak instead of turkey! It is a Matthews' family favorite. Both celebrations were filled with lots of love and laughter.

As it draws closer to Cade's arrival I am filled with so many emotions. I am excited for him to join our family, nervous for labor (yikes!) and in awe of how our life is about to change yet again with this tiny miracle. I have been comforted recently by reading a wonderful book by John MacArthur called The Extraordinary Mother. It has a collection of stories of mothers in the bible. Their courage, faith, strength and love for their children has been an encouragement to me. A particular scripture quoted in the book has been most inspiring "A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come, but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world." John 16:21. I can't wait for that moment of JOY!

37 Weeks

39 weeks!!

2 comments: