Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Scooting into 9 months

Cade turns 9 months old tomorrow! So hard to believe we are so close to his 1st birthday. We wanted to share a few fun photos from the last month. Speaking as a mommy I have seen so much growth and change in him this month from others. He is scooting all over the place incredibly fast! He keeps me on my toes. Speaking of toes, Cade loves to push himself onto all fours and then into what we call in Pilates a downward facing dog where his butt is in the air and he is standing on his tippy toes. Then he flops back down on his belly and scoots off to the next thing. We are always telling him how much easier it would be to crawl on his knees to wherever he is going, but our little scooter will do it his way!
Cade has mastered sitting up on his own, pushing himself up from his belly to a sitting position. And just the other day he pulled himself up! First in his crib and then on a storage cube we have in the family room. He is always crawling over to us and pulling himself up to give us one of his big goofy smiles (He now has two teeth on the top and two on the bottom!). We keep getting told that he is going to be an early walker, and I wouldn't put it past him! I, on the other hand, would appreciate keeping him grounded a little while longer :)



We also celebrated a number of birthdays for some very special people. Auntie Jenny turned 30 (!!), Gigi (Grandma Crellin) turned 80!!! and Gramps celebrated another year too.


Ok, so I know I sound like a very proud mama already, but we are having so much fun. These two videos captured some cool things. Cade saying da da for the first time - I can't believe I caught it on video (sorry it isn't the best video) and playing "catch" with daddy. Too cute!

1 comment: