One of my dearest and oldest (only by # of years we've known each other) friends Kristin is expecting a little girl any day now. She has been such a trooper braving bed rest for the last few months and still maintaining her sunny attitude all the way through. We were blessed to be able to throw her a baby shower in the Bay area before her little one makes her arrival. Check out my sister's blog for full details on the shower. She captured it so beautifully (click here). It was a farmer's market theme. Very "green", fresh and so much fun! I decided to give everyone a little surprise - announcing I was pregnant - at the end of the evening when it was just us family/close friends hanging around. It took everyone a little too long for my sister and mom's liking to catch on so Jenny said to our friend Katie, "ask Melissa what her shirt says..." Jenny thought Katie would get up and come over to me to look at my shirt and instead Katie shouted at me from across the room. It made it a little more fun. Below are the reactions of everyone in the room and those in the other room who came to see what all the noise was about.

The shirt said "Pink or Blue either will do mommy's expecting #2"!!!
The "mama-to-be", Kristin had my favorite reaction. Speechless and pointing at my fun shirt :)
Retelling the story of how we discovered I was pregnant. I just knew something was up so I took a pregnancy test on New Year's Eve and it was positive! Eric wanted to be surprised the next time I told him we were pregnant, so I made a little sign that said "We have a bun in the oven" and wrote "September 2011" all around the edges. I decided to put an actual bun in our toaster oven and set the sign in front of it. When he came home I said I baked you something. The look on his face was so wonderful. Needless to say we had a great time ringing in the New Year :)







So fun!! Excited for you and Eric! And excited to have both our kiddos so close together :) Much love, CJ
ReplyDeleteYay for babies!!! Can't wait to meet the second addition :) xoxo
ReplyDelete